- THE MAGAZINE
- CONSUMER INSIGHT
- PRODUCT PACKAGING
- DESIGN GALLERY
Retailers continually strive to present their products in efficient, appealing ways that lead to repeat sales. In fact, exhibiting goods effectively can make the difference between slow-moving products and those that fly out the door, so merchandising has a bigger impact on the bottom line for retailers than most other considerations.
Successful display choices account for a wide range of influences, including consumer trends. But there are also practical concerns involved in merchandising, like space limitations and logistics. As a result, point-of-purchase (POP) displays often furnish the best merchandising approach, enabling retailers to stage their stores effectively without over-crowding their sales floors.
Bringing goods to market requires flexible approaches that account for the needs of specific retail segments. Contract packagers help manufacturers and wholesalers devise appropriate merchandising solutions for their products, including a number of efficient point-of-purchase solutions. And while individual unit packaging is an important concern, POP displays furnish an important extension to retailers' merchandising efforts.
- Small Footprint — Well-executed POP displays maximize returns on valuable retail floor space. Building vertically, form relatively small footprints, many point-of purchase options can be shopped from more than one side, creating additional "faces" to capture shoppers attention.
- Shipping Benefits — In addition to the efficiency POP displays create on retail sales floors, they also contribute to shipping efficacy. Not only are POP displays compact and space-efficient, but their tight construction also adds to stability and protects goods in transit.
- Ease of Use — POP displays couldn't be easier to handle from a retailers perspective. Because they are complete, self-contained units; end-users can deploy them quickly and efficiently, keeping labor costs low and accommodating rapid turns on the SKUs they contain.
Temporary point-of-purchase displays furnish several advantages over permanent POP units. For starters, they are highly portable, so they accommodate precise placement, yielding the highest visibility possible. At the same time, flexible point-of-purchase assemblies allow retailers to respond quickly to consumer trends, by shifting the items featured in their POP locations. And most importantly, point-of-purchase displays add to retail sales totals, prompting shoppers to make impulse buys that drive sales upward.
Professional packagers work with retailers and producers to identify the best POP approaches, accounting for a number of merchandising consideration. The size and shape of items, for example, makes certain point-of-purchase strategies more effective than others. And the precise location of each POP display also factors into design and assembly strategies. No matter what you sell, or where, the right contract packager has a custom merchandising solution for your POP needs, including these popular options:
- Freestanding Floor Displays — Familiar freestanding corrugated POP displays furnish highly-visible display options for a variety of goods. Floor displays are used in a wide range of retail environments, from big-box home improvement stores to independent specialty boutiques. Freestanding units can be shopped from multiple sides, in some cases, or angled to showcase their contents in their most appealing ways.
- Countertop Displays — Effective merchandising keeps products in front of shoppers for as long as possible, so counter displays furnish opportunities to make add-on sales up until the last minute prior to check-out.
- Gravity Displays — As an item is removed from these innovative assemblies, a replacement automatically takes its place. As a result, goods are effortlessly replenished and kept in front of shoppers at all times.
- Pallet-sized Displays — High-volume retailers benefits from self-contained pallet displays that require little or no modification to roll-out. These dramatic assemblies stimulate sales for big-box retailers able to accommodate POP displays of this size.
- Powerwing Displays — Powerwings are flexible, hanging displays that piggy-back on existing display infrastructure, enabling retailers to position the corrugated POP units for maximum effect.
Well-executed point-of-purchase merchandising can have a dramatic impact on the bottom line. Working together, contract packagers and retailers devise effective campaigns, using a variety of innovative POP solutions.