Americhem Unveils 2017-2018 Color Trends
September 16, 2016
Americhem Inc., a global leader in the production of color and additive solutions for polymeric products, has released its 2017–2018 Color Trends comprised of six inspirational color palettes. The palettes, Holiday, Sabbatical, Cultural Fusion, Cityscape, Rainforest, and Coastal Haven, are influenced by travel and the discovery of new places.
These color families were revealed on September 15 at Americhem’s annual color trends forecast presented in Dalton, GA, as part of Americhem U, an ongoing educational series for professionals in the synthetic fibers and plastics industries. This is the company’s eighth annual color trends forecast.
“We are proud to present these upcoming trends to the industry which has come to see the color families as a trusted resource,” said Scott Blanchard, corporate marketing and communications manager. “Our partnerships and research have allowed us the opportunity to reach out to our valued partners and introduce them to the 2017-2018 color palettes.”
The trends forecast will be presented in a webinar format on Wednesday, Oct. 12, at 11:00 a.m. EDT. Visit Americhem.com/AmerichemU to register.
Developed by a committee of color trend specialists, these colors are projected to be popular in the coming years based on global influences, pop culture, design trends, technology and fashion-forward color predictions. In conjunction with a fashion design house in Milan, Italy, the groups of colors, in addition to textures, finishes and effects, are translated into seasonal design concepts, moods and lifestyles, each with a unique story to convey the emotions and context of the colors.
This year’s color families revolve around a common theme—finding inspiration in every corner of the world.
- Holiday — a bold palette highlighting dramatic oranges, bold pinks and violets blended with rich, dense greens and blue against a classic, elegant black.
- Sabbatical — neutral and crisp, fresh picked greens and bright golds contrast with warm beiges, giving a sense of brightness and wellbeing.
- Culture Fusion — Strong reds fuse with coral pinks and lemon yellows, evoking a bright, luminous, and fresh intuition.
- Cityscape — Pastel tones of pinks and blues are mixed with subdued browns and neutrals for a palette that is both feminine and masculine.
- Rainforest — Deep tones of blues and greens partner with shadowy red-browns to highlight brilliant golds and red-oranges, providing inspiration from our rainforests, the “jewels of the Earth.”
- Coastal Haven —Refined neutrals and soft beiges play well with elegant grays to create a sophisticated and luxurious palette.