16th Annual Luxe Pack New York a Success
The 16th Annual LUXE PACK New York, the U.S. tradeshow dedicated to creative and luxury packaging, saw 3,586 industry professionals and 240 packaging suppliers who specialize in premium packaging elements for the cosmetic, fragrance, wine & spirit, fine food and fashion sectors. The exclusively varied selection of this year’s exhibitors offered a dynamic variety of packaging products and solutions that crossed all creative thresholds. The synergy initiated by the impactful exchanges between today’s premium sector brands and leading manufacturers solidified another successful LUXE PACK New York edition.
LUXE PACK took place at Pier 92 for its 16th annual show which welcomed over 35,00 brand executives representing companies such as L’Oreal, Bare Minerals, Revlon, Estee Lauder, Kashmere Kollections, PEPSI, Philosophy, Bacardi USA, Coty, Unilever, Shiseido, E.L.F. Cosmetics, Amway, Davidstea, Bloomberg LP, Glossier, Calvin Klein, Colgate-Palmolive Company, Clarins Usa, CHANEL, Inc., Ulta Beauty, Anthropologie, Briogeo Hair Care, Birch box, Diageo, Tarte Cosmetics, Swarovski, Sephora, Samsung, NARS, Moroccan Oil, GOOP, Moet Hennessy, Michael Kors, MATTEL, MAC Cosmetics, LVMH, Ralph Lauren Fragrances, Jose Cuervo, Johnson & Johnson, John Varvatos Enterprises, IT Cosmetics, Glossier, Free People, Dermalogica, Dean & Deluca, Constellation Brands, Heineken, Godiva, Conair, Clinique, Chantecaille, Buxom Cosmetics and Belvedere Vodka.
Also this year, LUXE PACK was thrilled to partner with various industry design and networking associations such as ICMAD, CIBS, Material ConneXion, STYLUS, The New Jersey Packaging Executives Club, Package Insight and The Packaging School.
Sustainable packaging products and solutions were prominent at the show this year, exemplified by the 20 record-breaking participants excited to gain recognition for their impactful eco-friendly products and industry changing CSR initiatives. During this year’s in green ceremony, hosted by Instagram influencer/Luxury brand ambassador, Anjelika Kour, LUXE PACK honored two exhibitors who demonstrated revolutionary sustainable.
The expert judging panel, consisting of packaging industry experts, awarded this year’s LUXE PACK in green awards to:
- Golden Arrow for their luxury molded fiber packaging created from bamboo and bagasse, which subsequently eliminates the use of thousands of tons of plastic packages.
- James Cropper for their CupCycling. Stefan PRYOR, market sector manager for packaging at James Cropper, said: “We’re delighted to have won the Green Award at Luxe Pack New York for the second year running. With CupCycling, we’ve developed a scalable and innovative solution to the issue surrounding coffee cup waste in the UK, and since launching last year, we’ve brought many major brands on board – both those supplying used cups for recycling and those using the resulting fibre in their packaging. By using this high-quality, eco-friendly fiber source, brands are able to enhance their sustainability credentials while enriching their brand story and appealing to new and existing customers: a win-win.”
Additional 2018 LUXE PACK in green FINALISTS:
BEST in green product
- API GROUP – TRANSMET TECHNOLOGY
- NATE PACKAGING – CUTTING EDGE COMPACTS
- RPC BRAMLAGE - ECOSOLUTION
- U&I WORLDWIDE – WATER SOLUBLE FOAM
BEST in green initiative
- BILLERUDKORSNAS – CO2 INITIATIVE
- GOLDEN ARROW – WATER RECYCLING
A two-day conference program complemented the show floor with standing room only sessions addressing current luxury industry pain points, the new demand for sustainable packaging, influencer marketing and future 2019/2020 design trends. This year’s speaker roster included packaging and design experts from Estee Lauder, Shiseido, L’Oreal, STYLUS, Winky Lux, and Material ConneXion.