New Innovative Packaging and Paper Solutions from Mondi
The paper packaging has a natural look and feel and with a patented barrier. The natural-brown formable paper and base material is ideal for optimized shallow-tray solutions used to package cheese, meat or fish.
perFORMing also ensures that excellent packaging properties go hand in hand with optimum formability. It reduces plastic usage by up to 70 percent compared with traditional shallow trays.
Additional benefits include:
- Specially designed packaging material for a wide range of forming and embossing applications; suitable for existing filling lines
- High symmetrical stretch for uniform formability
- The eye-catching natural-brown paper has a natural look while giving shaped packaging solutions a distinctive eco-friendly quality
- Suitable for high-quality and custom branding
- Mondi has been granted a patent license by its partner Packartis of Switzerland, a company with extensive expertise in flexible and formable packaging. Under the license, Mondi produces the perFORMing materials itself or sublicenses production to converters who use Mondi’s Advantage Formable paper grades
Christian Gubler, managing shareholder Packartis AG, is delighted with the way his company and Mondi have been able to collaborate: “The high-quality paper grades and technical expertise of Mondi are a perfect fit for our flexible and formable packaging solutions. Mondi is the only company able to offer a brown formable grade in combination with this special barrier coating. perFORMing meets our customers’ growing demand for sustainable packaging solutions offering a natural look & feel. Especially within the food packaging industry and the retail sector, we are observing a clear trend in this direction,” he says.